Friday, January 1, 2021

Happy 2021!!!!!!

 It's not just ANY new year...it's 2021! This is what we've all been waiting for, right? A fresh start! 

So I started off my new year by finishing my 2020 "Pandemic" quilt top... (Yes, the thimble quilt). 

At the end of 2020 it had 36 rows but then I thought about it, with so many leftover thimble pieces, why not add a few more rows. 

So I did. I ended up with 39 rows. At 2" tall that's 78"H by 72"W. 


There are still over 600 leftover thimble pieces in my box....not sure what I'll do with those.

So my other 2021 project is to finish the sewing room. Al has the bookcases in and we've decided on carpet for the floor (for warmth, it's in the basement). We're going to "build" our countertop... Hopefully our idea works. I need to get painting...I do the cutting in. Ceiling is painted so trim next and cutting in wall color. 

Al has also been building a bookcase around the "hidden" door to the grandkids hideout. We'll be creating an art piece to cover the opening (it'll be hinged) and that will be the "door". Inside the hideout is a rockwall, a Lego build station and two more little rooms. I really think they'll love this place.
So that's what's going on here. I hope everyone has a really good 2021! Happy New Year!🎉🎉



2 comments:

Sally said...

Fantastic.wonderful job and finished quite quickly gor so many pieces. Congrats!

Northern Deb said...

Thank you Sally!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...