Sunday, December 10, 2017

Almost Christmas


I'm still in hexie mode... These pretty Kaffe fabrics are going to become hexagons that I will appliqué to background fabric. Sashing? Maybe. Quilt? Pillow? Who knows. I'll see what it needs to be later...  
My class will be to teach English paper piecing, fussy cutting, and appliqué. I want the project to be fairly easy so I'm going to include a mug rug pattern (Link to my HEXAGON FLOWER MUG RUG PATTERN)  made with just one hexie flower... that way it won't be overwhelming if someone is struggling with the hand work. Linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching.. Kathys Quilts


And since it's almost Christmas, it's my annual cookie bake week, I've started getting the 10+ different batches baked. These have to go in the mail by December 15th. My two bachelor brothers that live out in CA and OR, look forward to this treat. 


And to think I was (somewhat) complaining that the temps were too high for December... missing the snow... well, not anymore. We've had snow EVERY DAY since the day after I mentioned the lack of it. We have plenty now and it keeps on coming... Sure is beautiful!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Kaffe fabrics make for brilliant hexies. Low volume print background adds more interest. Homemade cookies are a great gift.

canuckquilter said...

Your hexies are super cute. I like your idea of combining EPP, fussy cutting and applique in one class project. Your cookies look scrumptious. I just shipped off my brother's Christmas cookies. He's not a bachelor but my cookie box became a fixture when he was :) Now it's time to bake some for me!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...