Sunday, February 15, 2015

The never ending cycle....

The Farmer's Wife blocks are finished...yeah! So now I have loads of 30's repro scraps. Well, I just can't throw them away so I thought I'd use them up by making another quilt. I cut tons of them up into 2-1/2" squares and started this:
Well, making the white units means getting a bunch of little HST units as leftovers.
So. I stitched these together and pressed them open. They were just a little larger than 1-1/2" so I trimmed them down square and thought....if I put these together I would get a cute block.
So I put 36 of them together ....made a 6-1/2" block...which is Farmers Wife size. What can I do with one farmers wife block....maybe I'm gonna have to make a bunch more for a small quilt....but then..........
SEE where I'm going with this!,
An ENDLESS cycle!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Your quilt looks pretty! Awesome use of scraps and I love the 30's prints. I might have to borrow this idea :-)

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Lovely quilt with the 30's prints. Love all those tinies - squee!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Sooo pretty Deb! Hugs, Mary

Jeannette said...

It is the true nature of quiltings beginning...using all the scraps...And you do it such lovely ways.

Sally said...

Love the 30s leftovers quilt and block! (of course, I love 30s!) Hope things are going well, Deb.

Northern Deb said...

Thanks everyone. I pulled this quilt top out of the box and am trying to decide how to finish it up. I have a wide white border that could use some appliqué. I'll probably do that although that means the quilt won't be done for another year....

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...