Friday, April 6, 2012

Working on my Blue and White Star Sampler Quilt

Today I spent some time working on my class sample, the blue and white star sampler. I have to finish up my sawtooth stars and then add them to the center. Next I'll need to get the corner star finished up for May's class.
 Last night the class made their centers. Some of the ladies finished up the centers during the class and laid them out on the design wall with thier surrounding sawtooth stars. They're all so different and beautiful. I'm excited to see all these different quilts when they're finished up.
Late last night I was on Ebay looking at old quilt patterns and feedsack fabric. There were a few fabrics ending that I had my eye on... I didn't win them.. just couldn't see spending 30 dollars for a yard of feedsack with stains and holes BUT I did win a collection of 45 old Kansas City Star patterns from the 1930s newspaper. These are originals and I just can't wait to get them home. There's one in particular I've been looking for and it's in this collection. I'll post a picture when they get home to me. 

4 comments:

Laren said...

Wow, this block looks great. Very striking!! Can't wait to see the vintage patterns!!

Rebecca P said...

Your blue & white blocks are perfect!
Can't wait to see more as it comes together.

Karen said...

I like the combination of the blue and white for your blocks.

I have often thought of collecting some of those old newspaper patterns but done nothing about it. Would be an interesting collection to have. It wouldn't take up a lot of space like some of the things I collect.

Rusty said...

Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible for you to provide me with the directions or link to website that provides instructions on how to produce that sparkling ohio blue and white Ohio star. It would mean so much to me. Thank you!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...