Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Orange Central Park Quilt is Done

The binding is being stitched down, so for the most part, the orange quilt is finished. I did an allover meander on most of the top and then changed to a flower and leaf design on the border. The batting is the thinnest 100 percent cotton batting that I could find. It's nice... not too heavy.


Here's the back of the quilt. I used up all the leftover pieces by cutting them to a 12-1/2" length and attaching one to the other. Then I cut two long pieces of white, 12-1/2"wide, to add to the top and bottom of my colorful strip. I like this splash of color on the otherwise all white back. OH, almost forgot... got to add a label!

This quilt will be at the shop as a sample but after they are done with it, it goes to daughter Lisa. She claimed it... it's her colors. Click here for the free pattern: (Orange Slices) .

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...